Saturday, July 09, 2005

Fried Mutton Snapper

We had fried mutton snapper for dinner tonite. This is one that I caught recently while fishing north of the Boca inlet last weekend before Hurricane Dennis came to town. Not much fishing going on around here now!!

I also made some really good baked beans. I don't really bake them though...I cook them on top of the stove in a cast iron skillet.



You can tell which one is the Mutton Snapper because it is bigger and has a dot on it with a forked tail. Also the others have a yellow tail...therefore they are the Yellowtail Snappers.




To prepare just dip the fish in egg then cover with italian bread crumbs. Pan fry in extra virgin olive oil. Salt & Pepper as desired. We like tarter sauce made with sweet relish and Miracle Whip.

If you would like to see more recipes visit my site
FlyFishing-with-WildBill.com